With Windows 8, Microsoft has introduced a new era of computing which works in the smartest way just like you. Windows 8 has a neat, responsive user interface which lets you do everything from emails, social networks, image/video captures, news & weather check, browse the web, to IM etc. Besides, the latest operating system lets you control and customize your settings and configurations about these app tiles. You can arrange these live app tiles, hide or resize them, uninstall them to free up disk space, reinstall them and do much more.
I’ve listed some of the steps here that will not only explain about changing size of the app tiles but also share some tips on viewing the space taking up by each app in your Windows 8 computer. Check the below mentioned steps:
- To change to size either smaller or larger, you will have to right-click the desired tile to select. Once right-clicked, the tile will get selected showing up a checkmark beside it. Besides, you will also see additional options at the bottom viz. Unpin from Start, Uninstall, Larger or Smaller.
- If your tile appears to be small before you right-click it, you will see the Larger option. If your tile is larger in size, then you will see the Smaller size option once you right-click it.
- If you want to make your tile appear large, tap the Larger option after right-clicking the tile. In the same way, you can resize it to appear small. You should repeat this procedure with other app tiles also if you want to resize them as smaller or larger.
- Besides changing the tile size, you can also view how much space each app is taking up on the hard disk drive in your Windows 8. You can also uninstall apps and reinstall them if you want to. You can also download more apps as desired.
- If you want to view the space occupying by the apps in Windows 8, bring up the Charms bar by hovering your mouse around the bottom right-hand corner of the screen or by pressing the Windows + C key combination on the keyboard. On the Charms bar, tap/click Settings. A drop-down menu under Settings will be pulled up on the screen. Tap Change PC Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- On the PC Settings screen, tap General in the left hand side and then click View app sizes under Available storage. In the next screen, you will see all the installed apps listed under App sizes. You can see how much space each app is taking up on your hard disk drive.