Your Belkin wireless router is just a machine that needs a mediator to be able to talk to your computer. This mediator is the driver software which establishes communication between your router and the computer. Without drivers, your Belkin router won’t be able to connect your computer and work. Unless your router is connected, neither can you set up a wireless network, browse the web wirelessly or do miscellaneous things. Thus drivers are pivotal for the operation of all such machines.
To help your Belkin wireless router function properly, it is mandatory to update its drivers regularly. If you do not do so, your Belkin device will start experiencing miscellaneous problems due to which you won’t be able to use it properly. So in this post, I am going to discuss about how you can update drivers of your Belkin wireless router.
Check the step-by-step instructions below and update drivers of your Belkin wireless router:
- Make sure that you are connected to the Internet. Visit the Belkin website and click Log In under Belkin at the bottom of the page.
- Log in with the credentials supplied with your Belkin router support kit and search for the drivers and other updates related to your product model. The model number of your router is located at bottom. Download the driver file and save it to your computer.
- When done, open the driver file and install the driver software. If the driver file is a zip file, extract its contents first and then update drivers.
- If you don’t have login credentials, you can still search for drivers (if available. On the Belkin website, type ‘drivers’ in the Product Search box. Hit Enter to continue. You will a Belkin Support Drivers, Downloads page.
- Type ‘drivers’ again in the Search by Keyword box and click the Search button. From under Products, click the drop-down box and select Routers. Then again from under All Products, click the drop-down arrow and select your router’s model number or name.
- You will see numerous search results on the page. Click the desired link and then click the Download button to start downloading the driver file. Run the installation file, update drivers and get going.
- You can also search for Belkin router drivers using Windows Update. It brings all the latest drivers and updates to you. Click the Start button> select All Programs> and then click Windows Update. You will see the Windows Update screen.
***You may also want to save your existing wireless configurations first before you update drivers. Upon experiencing any problems, you should un-install the recently installed drivers and then re-install them.