Though you already you have an email account set up in Microsoft Outlook 2010, you may want to add another for personal or professional purposes. You might have a fair idea about how to set up an email account in Microsoft Outlook if you have already done it. Even if you don’t know how to do it, there is no need to worry. Check the steps below and create a new email profile in Microsoft Outlook 2010:
1. Open Outlook> click the File tab or the Office button. Click Info> Add Account. On the Add New Account window, enter your name and email address in the respective boxes. Type the password of your email account and retype it in the respective boxes. Click the radio button beside Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next.
2. Select the Internet E-mail Accounts radio button, click Next. On the Internet E-mail Settings window, enter your name and email address in the respective fields under User Information. Under Server Information, click the drop-down arrow beside Account Type, select POP3, and type the incoming & outgoing mail servers. Under Logon Information, enter your username (email address) and password. Check the Remember Password box.
3. If you don’t have these details, contact your ISP. Do not check the Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) box unless required by your ISP. Click More Settings. Click the Outgoing Server tab and check the box beside My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button.
4. Click the Advanced tab and enter the incoming & outgoing server port info. Set the Server Timeout bar to maximum by dragging the slider to the extreme right side. If you leave it to default, which is short, you may face several Microsoft Outlook problems including hang up, send/receive error etc. If you ever access your webmail and want to see the copies of your emails in it, check the Leave a copy of messages on the server box.
5. Besides, you can determine for how many days the messages should stay on the mail server. You can check any of or both the boxes viz. Remove from server after days or Remove from server when deleted from Deleted Items (self-explanatory). Click OK.
6. To verify settings, click Test Account Settings. Microsoft Outlook will now verify your email account settings. If all goes well, you will see a success message. Click Close to exit the window. Click Next and then Finish to exit the Add New Account window. If you receive any error message, click Close to return to the Internet E-mail Settings window.
7. Recheck all the information and then click the More Settings button. Repeat the above mentioned procedure.
If you face any problems on Microsoft Outlook setup, call us at +1-866-541-1792 and get an expert to help you.